Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Rite Rug apt - Flooring choices BUST!

We had our apt with Rite Rug, the flooring company you work with (in Ohio) for your options.  We drove 30 min to Rite Rug and were greeted by the sales person. She immediatley told be that her assistant had scheduled an apt directly after ours giving us only 45 min to pick the tile and flooring for our entire house!

I started looking at wood flooring first since I knew I wanted this in most of the first floor.  I was shocked at the poor selection!  We had priced out wood floors in our previous home before we decided to move and had really shopped around. We feel like we know EVERYTHING about wood flooring.  That being said we were expecting to pay $7,000 - $8,000 for the Front entry, living room, dining room, kitchen, morning room, family entry, & powder room aproximatley 1200 sq ft.  I picked out the only wood that was remotely close to what I wanted and was quoted a price tag of $16,000!  What the what?   Are these floors made of gold or something.  Needless to say I was deflated at that point.  I decided to move on to tile and revisit the wood later.  Tile was not much better.  They didn't have ANYTHING I wanted!  Wow, another dissapointment.  At this point the other apt showed up and we left without having picked anything.

Feeling really discouraged now.

No comments:

Post a Comment